Artistic – Vault
How far can you jump to a standing position and stick the landing?
Equipment needed: Measuring tape or other measurement device
Set up: Keep both feet on the ground, jump as far as you can and stick (execute controlled landing feet together without moving for 3 seconds).
What to record and submit: Measure the distance of your successfully landed jump in feet and inches.
Artistic – Scale (floor & beam)
How long can you hold a scale?
Equipment needed: Stopwatch
Set up: Stand and lever into a scale (stand on one leg – lift a straight leg behind at 45-degree angle or higher and hold – count the seconds).
What to record and submit: Number of seconds you can hold the scale without moving.
Artistic – Floor Skills
Execute floor routine.
Equipment needed: Video recording device* (phone, tablet, computer, etc.)
Set up: Do straight jump to controlled landing, tuck jump to controlled landing, straddle jump to controlled landing, straight jump ½ turn to the right, straight jump ½ turn to the left, and present.
What to record and submit: Record a video of your dance and submit it along with your results.
*If you do not have access to a device to record a video, you may submit your own score for the floor skills. Floor skills are based on a 5.0 scale. A 0.5 (½ point) deduction should be made for the following:
- for each extra step on each move
- each jump less than 12 inches
- bent knees on the straight jump
- no tuck on the tuck jump
- Less than a 3 sec. hold after the 1/2 turn
Regular physical activity is vital for good physical, social and emotional health. While there is a risk of injury with any type of physical activity, the benefits of staying active far outweigh the risks.
You can reduce your risk of exercise injury by:
- wearing the right shoes
- using the correct equipment
- drinking water and staying hydrated
- warming up and stretching properly
- being aware of your surroundings – always exercise and compete in a safe and level area clear of any obstacles or items
- maintaining social distancing rules (stay at least six feet away from others)
Stop exercising and seek medical help if you experience symptoms such as:
- discomfort or pain
- chest pain or other pain that could indicate a heart attack, including pain in the neck and jaw, pain travelling down the arm or pain between the shoulder blades
- shortness of breath
- a rapid or irregular heartbeat